While it is hard to imagine given the epic dumping of snow we’re currently getting in Boulder (yay, moisture!), backpacking season is upon us, as is Andrew’s epic Spring schedule. Most of the following information is on the website, and we’ve been giving occasional shout-outs on Facebook for upcoming events, but Andrew’s upcoming speaking schedule warrants a blog entry, should you have missed any previous announcements.
The May and June events are focused in the Southeast, Colorado, and Washington state. Most of these trips coincide with his first Backpacking Fundamentals courses of the year, in Pisgah National Forest and Olympic National Park (both of which have limited availability if you’re interested).
The dates and locations are:
- May 4: Bangor Daily News — Outdoors Expo, Bangor, ME
- May 6: BSA Troop 78, Boulder, CO
- May 10: Appalachian State, Boone, NC
- May 17: Great Outdoor Provisions Co., Chapel Hill, NC
- May 20: BSA, Charlottesville, VA
- May 23: Neptune Mountaineering, Boulder, CO
- May 30: Colorado Mtn Club, Golden, CO
- June 5: Poudre Wilderness Volunteers, Fort Collins, CO
- June 14: Microsoft, Redmond, WA (afternoon event)
- June 13 or 14: The Mountaineers, Seattle, WA (evening event — pending)
For more detailed information — including any admission costs — please visit Current Schedule and Locations.
Will we see any of you there? We hope to!