Trip prices are listed here.
The cancellation policy is described here.
Send a deposit within two (2) weeks of receiving an electronic PDF invoice from me. Your deposit is non-refundable; the amounts are:
- Fundamentals: $300
- Adventure: $500
- Expedition: $1000
Your balance is due 60 days prior to the start of the trip. I will send you a reminder and statement beforehand.
The $25 Application Fee will be credited to the cost of your trip.
Your initial invoice will not reflect this payment. So your actual balance is the amount shown minus $25. If you choose to pay the entire amount at once (rather than submitting a deposit and later a balance payment), please subtract $25 from the amount shown.
Payment options for domestic participants
Deposits and balances can be submitted in four ways (listed in order of preference):
This peer-to-peer service is free for both the sender and the receiver, and it’s been adopted by many banks, including large institutions like Chase and Bank of America. View the list of participating banks.
You must enroll before sending payment. If your bank puts a limit on transactions that is lower than the amount you need to send, your payment can be divided into multiple smaller transactions.
Send payment to: [email protected]
Make payable to: Andrew Skurka Adventures LLC
- Andrew Skurka Adventures LLC
- 3909 Apache Ct E
- Boulder CO 80303
c. Venmo and PayPal
Both platforms charge transactions fees. I don’t add these fees into my prices, which helps to keep them lower, but as a result I prefer the aforementioned payment methods. If you would like to use Venmo or PayPal, please cover the fees by adding the amount below to your payment:
- Venmo: The amount plus 2%
- PayPal: The amount plus 3%
PayPal’s transaction fees can be avoided, and the 3% surcharge will be refunded for fee-less payments. For a details, go here. It’s an intentionally particular process, so pay attention to the instructions. Fees can be avoided by taking each of these steps:
- Use funds from your PayPal balance or from your bank, not your credit card;
- Specify that the payment is for family or friends, not for goods and services; and
- Do not opt for Purchase Protection.
To send payment:
- For Venmo, use: @skurka-adventures, and phone ending in 4801
- For PayPal, use: [email protected]
Payment options for international participants
If you do not live in the US and/or have a US dollar-denominated account, the two best options are PayPal (good) or TransferWise (better, due to lower fees and more competitive exchange rates). Please do not mail a personal or bank check. It’s slow to get here, the fees are high, and the exchange rates are poor.
For PayPal, use: [email protected]
To use TransferWise, email [email protected] for instructions — it’d be imprudent to share the account details publicly. Payments from these countries are accepted:
- Americas: United States, Canada
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
When your payment is received, an email confirmation and receipt will be sent to you.