Trip prices are listed here.
The cancellation policy is described here.
Send a deposit within two (2) weeks of receiving an electronic PDF invoice from me. Your deposit is non-refundable; the amounts are:
- Fundamentals: $300
- Adventure: $500
- Expedition: $1000
Your balance is due 60 days prior to the start of the trip. I will send you a reminder and statement beforehand.
The $25 Application Fee will be credited to the cost of your trip.
The PDF invoice attachment emailed to you will not reflect this payment, assuming it was paid. So your actual balance is the PDF amount minus $25. In the top-right corner of the email body, the correct amount due should be displayed.
Payment options for domestic participants
Deposits and balances can be submitted in four ways (listed in order of preference):
This peer-to-peer service is free for both the sender and the receiver, and it’s been adopted by many banks, including large institutions like Chase and Bank of America. View the list of participating banks.
You must enroll before sending payment. If your bank puts a limit on transactions that is lower than the amount you need to send, your payment can be divided into multiple smaller transactions.
Send payment to: an****@an**********.com
Make payable to: Andrew Skurka Adventures LLC
As of June 1, 2022, I have a new address:
- Andrew Skurka Adventures LLC
- 490 Inca Pkwy
- Boulder CO 80303
Mail sent to my old address (3909 Apache Ct E) will still be received.
c. Venmo and PayPal
Both platforms charge transactions fees, and I don’t build these fees into my prices, helping to keep them lower. If you would like to use Venmo or PayPal, you must adding the amount below to your payment to cover these fees:
- Venmo: The amount plus 2%
- PayPal: The amount plus 3%
PayPal’s transaction fees can be avoided, and the 3% surcharge will be refunded for fee-less payments. For details, go here. It’s an intentionally particular process, so pay attention to the instructions. Fees can be avoided by taking each of these steps:
- Use funds from your PayPal balance or from your bank, not your credit card;
- Specify that the payment is for family or friends, not for goods and services, which is PayPal’s default selection and must be proactively changed; and
- Do not opt for Purchase Protection.
To send payment:
- For Venmo, use: @skurka-adventures, and phone ending in 4801
- For PayPal, use: an****@an**********.com
Payment options for international participants
If you do not live in the US and/or have a US dollar-denominated account, the two best options are
- PayPal (okay) or
- Wise (better, due to lower fees and a more competitive exchange rates).
Please do not mail a personal or bank check. It’s slow to get here, the fees are high, and the exchange rates are poor.
For PayPal, use: an****@an**********.com. Add 3% to cover the unavoidable transaction fees, which I do not build into my pricing.
To use Wise, email an****@an**********.com for account details. Payments from these countries are accepted:
- Americas: United States, Canada
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
When your payment is received, an email confirmation and receipt will be sent to you.