“Considering the amount of knowledge and experience that Andrew is able to relate to each participant, [Andrew’s] trips are simply a bargain.” – Wes T, Colorado Springs, CO
Andrew and his team put in an incredible amount of effort to help build skills across every phase of a trip. I would fully recommend this program to anyone considering it, especially at the reasonable cost. — Ram K, Washington DC
“$1375 is a lot of money. The trip was worth every penny to me.” — Jeff C, Valparaiso, IN
The guides were worth the price of the trip. They had a positive attitude and their trail knowledge was incredible. I’ll hike with them again, anytime. — Rod B, Garden Grove, CA
2020 prices (tentative)
The prices are per person, and the same for every location.
- Fundamentals (3 days): $675
- Adventure (5 days): $1375
- Adventure (7 days): $1875
- Expedition (8 days): $2,745 + $1,250 flight surcharge max = $3,995*
* This was the 2019 advertised price. Actual flight costs were $201 less per client, so final price was $2,745 + $1,049 = $3,794. For 2020 I will keep my cost as-is, and maybe lower. The flight surcharge is a pass-through cost, and may change due to bush plane operator costs and/or fuel costs. It will be finalized before the application period starts.
- If you are an alumni, subtract 10 percent.
- If you are a first-time client and are part of a group of 2+, subtract 10 percent.
- If you are a first-time client who is joining an alumni, subtract 10 percent.
These discounts are not applicable to trips in Alaska.
Tipping your guides is customary. We recommend 5 to 15 percent total of the trip’s cost for a job well done. The gratuity is split equitably by the guides who are in the field simultaneously (with the exception of Andrew Skurka, as the business owner).
Cash or check is preferred, and should be given directly to the lead guide (or assistant guide, if Andrew is your lead guide).
- $25 Application Fee
- World-class backpacking guides and instruction
- Group gear, e.g. first aid supplies, repair kit, emergency communication device, etc.
- Backcountry permit and/or backcountry campsite reservations
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Product discounts from partner brands
- Free download of Yosemite High Route Guide or Pfiffner Traverse Guide ($25 value)
- Demo gear, including shelters, sleeping bags, and backpacks
- Park entry fees
- Daytime food/snacks
- Personal gear and supplies
- Guide gratuity (see above)