“Considering the amount of knowledge and experience that Andrew is able to relate to each participant, [Andrew’s] trips are simply a bargain.” – Wes T, Colorado Springs, CO
Andrew and his team put in an incredible amount of effort to help build skills across every phase of a trip. I would fully recommend this program to anyone considering it, especially at the reasonable cost. — Ram K, Washington DC
“$1375 is a lot of money. The trip was worth every penny to me.” — Jeff C, Valparaiso, IN
The guides were worth the price of the trip. They had a positive attitude and their trail knowledge was incredible. I’ll hike with them again, anytime. — Rod B, Garden Grove, CA
The prices are per person, and the same for every location.
- Fundamentals (3 days): $675
- Adventure (5 days): $1,375
- Adventure (7 days): $1,875
- Expedition (7 days): $2,745 + flight surcharge*
These prices include the Application Fee ($25) and the online Planning Course ($145), participation in which is required for all field clients.
* Alaska flight surcharge
This is a direct pass-through cost. I collect it up-front, and issue a refund after the trip if the total flight costs were less than budgeted.
- 2020 surcharge: $750 per person max
- 2020 total: $3,495 per person
- If you are an alumni, subtract 10 percent.
- If you are a first-time client and are part of a group of 2+, subtract 10 percent.
- If you are a first-time client who is joining an alumni, subtract 10 percent.
Discounts cannot be combined, and are not eligible on the Alaska trips.
Tipping your guides is customary. We recommend 5 to 15 percent total of the trip’s cost for a job well done. The gratuity is split equitably by the guides who are in the field simultaneously. Cash or check is preferred, and should be given directly to the lead guide (or to the assistant guide, if Andrew Skurka is your lead guide).
- $25 Application Fee
- $145 online Planning Course
- World-class backpacking guides and instruction
- Group gear, e.g. first aid supplies, repair kit, emergency communication device, etc.
- Backcountry permit and/or backcountry campsite reservations
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Product discounts from partner brands
- Free download of Yosemite High Route Guide or Pfiffner Traverse Guide ($25 value)
- Demo gear, including shelters, sleeping bags, and backpacks
- Park entry fees
- Daytime food/snacks
- Personal gear and supplies
- Guide gratuity (see above)