For sale: GoLiteShangri La 2 Tents
- Condition: Brand new, with tags, never even been unrolled
- Cost: $135 each, CONUS shipping included
2 availablesold out (as of 7:30 MDT)
- Sleeps: 2 people, plus gear or dog (45 square feet of floor space)
- Color: Evergreen
- Includes: tarp, nest, and stakes (6)
- Weight: 24 oz (tarp) + 24 oz (nest) + 3 oz (stakes) = 51 oz, or 3 lbs 3 oz
- More specs: visit the product page at GoLite.com, where it’s currently out of stock (and $25 more)
I acquired these tents in summer 2012, adding to a few I already owned, thinking I would loan them out on my guided trips. Shortly thereafter I acquired a few other 2-person shelters that offset the need for these. As part of a larger garage cleaning, I’d like to find them a new home.
The Shangri La 2 is an excellent 2-person shelter, or a palace for one. I have a “moderate” amount of experience with it, using it on personal and guided 3-season trips in Alaska, Iceland, and throughout the Lower 48. I have also used it for winter trips in Colorado. It sets up easily and quickly with two trekking poles. The pitch is very taught. The interior space is generous. Its fabrics are more durable than comparable models from the cottage industry (unless you have the money to spend on Cuben). Its seams are taped, so you can avoid the messy process of sealing them with glue. And its two components — the rain fly and nest — are separable, so if you don’t need protection from precip or bugs, you can leave that component at home, or just not pitch it one evening.