Exxel Outdoors — formerly American Rec, and the parent company of Sierra Designs, Ultimate Direction, Kelty, among other brands — has a job opening in its Advanced Development Center. The ADC is tasked with developing many of the “mad scientist” projects that eventually trickle down into tangible products. As one example, the ADC did the earliest prototyping for the Sierra Designs Backcountry Quilt, which has become my go-to due to its generous width and its hideaway hood.
Here are the highlights:
In this role, the Prototyping and Testing Technician will be responsible for contributing significantly to two primary objectives of the Advanced Development Center: First, to provide rapid prototyping capabilities to active milestone projects. Secondly, to develop product innovation through technology research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide prototyping capabilities in support of the prioritized Rapid Prototyping project list
- Design, conduct, analyze, and communicate findings of material property experiments.
- Design, conduct, analyze and communicate findings of technical product testing experiments.
- Collaborate closely with the Design and Product Management teams.
- Provide new equipment commissioning and management capability.
- Oversee and ensure the proper execution of the Safety program for Advanced Development Center.
If this position sounds like it’s up your alley, download the full job description.
Email your resume and cover letter to Frank Kvietok, Director of Advanced Development, fkvietok at americanrec dot com.