Below find trip reports of thru- and section-hikes. Only a fraction of Yosemite High Route hikers ever post a trip report, and the included reports are only those that are sent to me or that I stumble upon.
If you’d like your trip report listed, please share a link in the comments and I’ll include it.
- Andrew Skurka: thru-hike in August
- Christy Rosander: north Core Route, south Core Route
- Dennis Liew: partial North Loop, video and written report
- Hiking Nerd: late-season South Loop
- Iain MacDonald: two-part thru-hike with LOTS of photos
- Jordan Braun: thru-hike in July, with Plants
- Jose Menendez (“Plants”): thru-hike in July with Jordan
- Kevin: partial South Loop during the Creek Fire
- Renee Elsdon Jacobs: South Loop adventure run
- The Big Chungi: southern Core Route
Hey Andrew, I have a trip report for the YHR from last summer (2019) that I was hoping you could include in this list. Here’s the link: https://www.iain-macdonald.com/yosemite-high-route-trip-report Thanks!
Sure thing, thanks for posting it.
Agree with most of your sentiments. The WRHR is really tough competition for anything. I’ve thought about writing an assessment of high routes, and that one definitely stands at the top. The YHR is noteworthy for it being a thorough tour of the park, for the easy logistics, generally perfect weather, and pretty dang good scenery — but on the whole it doesn’t measure up to WRHR for the alpine/wilderness experience.
FWIW, I think the KCHBR sits between these routes on that scale.
Hey, it’s Kevin again. I went and did the Cathedral half of the South Loop since we got kicked out by the Creek Fire the first time around. Thanks for the route! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druZQy8unHI