In a recent series I shared my backpack hunting gear lists for big game like elk and deer. Each post contains a detailed list and an in-depth discussion of my selections:
For reader convenience, I have made these lists available for download as a set of PDF’s and as a spreadsheet (specifically, a Google Sheet, which can be converted into Excel, Notes, CSV, etc). There are two primary ways to utilize them:
- As an equipment checklist, or
- As a spreadsheet template, so that you can create your own gear list without having to recreate the format.
Download as PDF’s
If you do not intend to edit the files, download the lists as a set of PDF’s. One file per category:
Download as a Google Sheet
If an edit-able file is preferred, download the list as a Google Sheet. Instructions:
1. In a new tab or window, open the Backpack Hunt Gear Lists sheet.
2. If you do not have a Google account or if you prefer other software besides Google Docs: under “File” select “Download as” to generate your own Excel or CSV file.
3. Log in with your Google account, if you are not already.
4. Under “File” select “Make a copy.” A 5-tab sheet named “Backpacking Kits” will be saved in your Google Drive account.
Great list and thanks for putting it together! I’m taking my hunting course in a couple of weeks and then going to be exploring hunting and how that works – similarly to you I’ve been vegan/vegetarian for a huge part of my life, but like the idea of sustainability that a hunt like the ones you’ve discussed talk about. Thanks, as always, for sharing your experiences and wisdom.